Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Cupcake Shack {Stories from behind the counter}

So i've had this job since Summer 2012, 
it was a nice simple job to have while home for the summer. 
Luckily my boss loves me {duh} and has kept me on so i work 
whenever i'm home on holidays which happens to be right now :-) 

We have two locations, the main bakery is actually a storefront in Downtown,
and the location i work at is.......in the food court at a mall...
Yea not the most glamorous location but we get A LOT of business so it's really not that bad!!

I've had my fair share of {Interesting} moments working in the cupcake shack....
For example my most recent story happened Wednesday January 2nd...
aka yesterday and it involved a man coming up to me and buying a cupcake. 
Then he proceeded to tell and SHOW me his gun shot wound....NOT JOKING....when i asked how it happened he just shrugged and said "It's not important" and then walked away....leaving me mouth wide open fearing for my safety behind my little cupcake counter....
you should know The gun shot guy also bought a pink cupcake....
so maybe i was safer than i thought ;)


Another story and this one is hilarious....A woman was standing in front of my counter digging around in her bra...i assumed she was just trying to grab her money out of her boob purse....
THEN.....SHE.....PULLED OUT HER TEETH......and stuck them in her mouth....

{I DIED}

I mean who does that???? Plus lady this is a cupcake, i'm pretty sure you didn't really need to get the teeth out for a soft bread like dessert.....


 Pretty recently a man came up and bought a cupcake....then he looked me straight in the eye and told me i was an impossible dream.....i said Thank You because i'm a classy respectful girl.....
but i have never been more confused by a statement!!!!!


 Last summer a man came up and bought a cupcake from me, and while i was ringing him up he told me all about his fear of southern people...he was from up north and said he came to Texas to get over his fear of southern people....yeeaaaaaa.....


 The chickfila Cow was beat up by two small children out front of the cupcake shack...
that was pretty amusing.....


That's all for now, i'm sure as time goes on and i continue to work here seasonally that i'll most definitely have more experiences like the ones above....I hope you chuckled a little at everything i go through just to sell these beautiful cupcakes ;)

*If you like following blogs, this one would be an excellent choice ;)

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment