Monday, February 4, 2013

10 things you {MUST} do in Paris!!


1. Picnic along the Seine River
Easily the most peacful thing to do in Paris. Pack a picnic and head to the Seine, walk down the steps and just lay out a blanket and eat a Baguette with cheese, and some fruit.
You can pick very scenic spots where you can see the Eiffel Tower while you eat!

2. Buy a crepe from a street vendor!
You will never regret a Crepe..It's like Gelato in Italy.
It's something you will never regret. You won't find a bad crepe maker in Paris.
They are all professionals...so don't be afraid to get one from the guy in the little crepe cart!


3. Eat Croque Monsieur or Madame at a street Cafe.
Mmmm, this is a sandwich that will be in your dreams. It's a ham & butter sandwich with cheese melted on Top...OR cheese and an egg on top if it's the Madame..
Monsieur = no egg
Madame = egg

4. Go see a concert at St. Chappell.
Probably one of my FAVORITE things we did in Paris was go to see Vivaldi's four seasons at
St. Chappell. It's a cathedral where the walls are entirely made out of stained glass.
Go to a sunset concert and watch as the oranges and pinks of the sunset come through the
gorgeous windows of St. Chappell!

5. Get falafel in the Jewish Quarter on Falefel Alley.
First of all this is a hilarious experience..Because you literally have an alley way
with multiple competing falfel shops. So you walk down and there all wanting you to
try their falafel. Well the great thing about falafel is it's delicious.
You should just try each shop to see which one you like best.
L'As du Falafel is the winner of good falafel!!
King Falafel Palace is also VERY good!!!

6. Go shopping on Champs-Élysées.
I mean you're in Paris...You almost have to go shopping here at least once.
It's the most famous shopping strip in the world.
If your looking for the nicer more couture shops...you'll find them a few streets behind Champs Elysees. You have to hunt for them but they are back there...
they have a baby Dior store...Heart be still...

7. Go eat at Le Relais de l'Entrecôte.
I feel like so much on this list is about eating....which shouldnt really be surprising as i like to eat!
OK all jokes aside this is THE best place to eat in Paris...
You will love it..
You will dream of it. 
You will drool while thinking of it.
Just remember pace yourself as you do get two servings.
AND USE THE MUSTARD!!!!!
..use the mustard i tell you!!!

8. Go to the top of Montparnasse Tower!
I've said this before and i'll say it again.
BEST view of Paris!!!
It cost's a few Euro's to go up it...
4€ if you're a student i think...
7€ if you're an adult!
SO WORTH IT!

9. Visit Les Invalides {Napoleons Tomb}
This place was COOL!!!
It's an old war museum that has tons..TONS of stuff from
The french Revolution and world wars!!
Plus It's where Napoleon himself is buried..It's very very cool!!
10. See the eiffel tower at night!!
If you're in Paris for more than 1 day you must go see it at night.
Take the metro to Tracadero and go stand out on the balcony.
It's already pretty enough just lit up but if you wait it sparkles every hour on the hour!
It's so magical!!!

So there you have it, If you are going to Paris these 10 things should totally be on your to-do list!!
One that didn't make the list but deserves recognition is Musée Rodin!!
The garden is home to lots of his sculptures including the very famous
"The Thinker"! It's a great place to see if you have time!!

P.S. It's Skype Date Day :) It's actually Skate number 10!!!
This is pretty crazy considering skate 1 was under an hour and awkward ;)
On top of it being skate 10 i'm meeting Tom's parents and possibly little sister today!!! :-)
It's pretty exciting, I'll tell you all about it tomorrow ;)

I'll leave you with our cute..ahem...mushy morning messages haha...



we are soooo cheesy ;) I love it!!!

All images found via Pinterest linked back to here:

-Emily

7 comments:

  1. I have done a few of these--so cool! I remember eating a crepe from a street vendor in the pouring down rain. It was so warm and I enjoyed every last bite.

    I LOVED the Eiffel Tower at night. So magical.

    I laughed at the falafel thing. Didn't do that, but I did eat it in Israel. Which I think is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss crepes so much, and it was raining for you, well Paris is nice in the rain..at least thats what Audrey Hepburn says ;)

      yea when it's all sparkly..it's the best :)

      haha well i'm sure you had amazing Falafel in Israel too, if you're ever back in Paris you'll have to hit up falafel alley :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks Emily - I'm going to Paris this year, good tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am going to pairs on the way to israel but the sad thing is i am only there for like an hour then i have to get on another plane so i think i'm gonna see the tower and then eat one of the crepes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Emily, I found you via Pinterest . This list is awesome, thank you so much! My husband and I might have a quick weekend in Paris. I'm wondering, do you have any hotel recommendations near everything there? We just need one night and I have no idea where to start

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Veronica, I lived in student housing when I was in Paris so the hotel scene is not really my thing. I can tell you that you don't have to spend big bucks to stay in Paris. There are 20 arrondissement's in Paris. Some areas are pricier than others, for example the 7th which is where the Eiffel Tower is at and it's close to other big attractions. You don't have to stay in the city center to see the sights. We stayed in the 14th arrondissement and it was only a short metro ride to the biggest attractions. So I'd look at booking.com (that's my favorite hotel site) and select your price range and you should find something suitable for your taste. Once you find where you want to stay I would map out the closest metro stop and try and understand the metro system a little bit. That will make it so much easier to get around once you're in Paris. I hope this helps a little. :)
      -Emily-

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily, I love this post! I feel like you and I have similar travel taste! My husband and I are planning our trip to Paris and Rome in September for our 5 year anniversary. (So excited!) Love your guide and will definitely take you up on some of your tips! Crepes are totally happening. ;)

    www.onecraftymiss.com

    ReplyDelete