Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Visa Attorney

Tonight I contacted a VISA ATTORNEY!!

We decided that visa's are complex things that we don't really
want to mess up because if we do mess it up then we're
basically out of luck for a good long while.

Therefore we contacted an attorney, which is a very adult thing to do.

It's also probably an expensive thing to do.

So the visa isn't cheap and my gut is telling me that
the attorney won't be cheap either...

But we're in luck because she offers a payment plan #sarcasm

This is kind of how I feel...

But instead of an overly happy Aladdin, picture this guy instead 

Less money, more problems, that is the appropriate saying...
Whomever said more money, more problems was a big ol dumbo!!

So yeeaaa I'm going to try and make an appointment with the attorney
sometime soon so we can discuss our options.
Hopefully she'll help us come to a final decision!

Also if you read this blog and you've gone through the visa process
with or without an attorney I would LOVE to hear from you!

Should we hire an attorney, can we do it ourselves??
Guess we will see!!

Have a lovely day everyone!


  1. Wow, that's a tough one, love. Peter and I were lucky- he got a post doc here and shortly after we got engaged we did a civil, he filled out the paperwork, added my name to his bank account and we were done- simple. It may more practical than romantic, but getting married (if you are serious about this person) is the only way I know to speed up this process if neither of you can find work in the same country. We didn't even need a Lawyer! Best of luck, whatever you decide.

    1. That sounds wonderful! :) Maybe this would have gone down easier if we had planned a little better but it's just so hard to know what to do on the spot. It's complicated stuff but we'll figure it out! :) Thanks Georgia!

  2. You should have gotten engaged when he was in the US. It would have made the process easier.

    1. Maybe, but an engagement still doesn't really help us. We'd still have to go after the K-1 visa or the CR-1 visa to get him back over which can take up to a year.