Thursday, January 31, 2013

One.Year.Ago


I'm not quite sure what exactly i want to say in this post...
All i want to do is curl up in a ball under a big blanket,
close my eyes and pretend i'm walking through the streets of Paris...
I'm hungry so obviously i stop at a boulangerie for a baguette,
I'm now walking down a familiar street that dead ends with the Eiffel Tower...
I lay a blanket down in the grass and spread some buerre on my baguette and 
I have a picnic, underneath the shadow of the Tower...

Can you tell i miss Paris???
Well i do...i miss it every single day...

Most people don't understand why I love Paris so much...
and that's mostly because they've never been..
I think we have a duty as humans to explore what we have here on this planet.
To discover new cultures new foods new ideas.
That's why I love Paris...it has helped me bloom into a traveler...

A year ago today i hopped on a plane and flew to Georgia..
Then we hopped on a bigger plane and flew to CDG airport in Paris...
THEN we hopped on another plane and flew to the South of France...
After spending a week galavanting all over the south we 
took the train back to Paris where we stayed for 2 months. 
The rest of our three month stay was spent in London and on free travels 
in Italy, Switzerland and the UK.

I now have a greater sense of the world around me.
I am making plans to go to {new} places, to go to {more} places.
I now know what it feels like to be completely in love with a city!!! 
I now know i want to Travel for the rest of my life!!















I grew friendships with a group of about 16 people in all..including some lovely bloggers



sigghhh

I was so blessed to have this opportunity to go to Paris.
I've grown SO MUCH in the last year!!
I can't wait to go back!!!


{revoir à la meilleure année de ma vie}

Here is the video of our entire trip stripped down into a ten minute presentation ;)
It's pretty amazing and the phenomenal Aspiring Kennedy aka Lauren Knight created it!!!
-Emily

2 comments:

  1. great photos! new follower!
    sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh... i just watched this video for the first time in a long time. man, it was some good times!!

    ReplyDelete