Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Flower Power!!




Saturday was another skate day...it was actually a special skate day because
i was home in Texas and Tom was going to get to meet my family..
Like really meet them...

On my way home from Arkansas on friday i stopped by Target...DUH
and i found this AMAZING flowery cap that i might be in love with...
and i might have worn it 99% of our Skype date...
I LOVE IT!!!!!

anyways...

So yesterday you got a glimpse into Tom's World...
I thought he did an AMAZING job writing up a little synopsis of our little story!!
He mentioned the fact that he met my family...
Well this is the second time he's met my parents but this time was more...serious!!

What do i mean by serious??? 
Well there were some serious questions being asked by both my parents..
which makes sense right???? Well until you hear their questions...

My dad...oh how i love him...He sits down next to me and starts talking about Bill Cosby..
He then proceeds to tell Tom every Bill Cosby skit he needs to go watch...
specifically..Chocolate Cake, The Dentist, and Tonsils!!

He then says he has some serious questions...I think OH man here it comes...
and my dad says two words...Star Trek...Oh dear...this might be worse than a serious question...
He asks Tom who his favorite star trek captain is...
Then they talk about Dr. Who...
I mean it was nerdy...i was falling asleep listening to them ;) 
BUT It was also pretty amazing to hear them go on and on about this stuff!!

Then my sister calls me via FaceTime on my phone...
So i proceed to hold my phone up to the computer so they can talk...
Yea Skype, FaceTime and real time...all at the same time!!

My mom comes in after i hang up with my sister and by this time i think Tom is drained..
meeting families is stressful and he's met 3 of the 4 in one sitting...
But in comes my mom and she sits next to me and they chat for a minute...
THEN she says she has a serious question and i see Tom get a little nervous....
then she says i need you to send me recipes...So i can cook for you when your here..
My mom is the sweetest!!!

So the serious questions turned out to be silly/nerdy/sweet questions...
Tom never had anything to worry about :)

In other news, I did go home this weekend and i was in such a frenchy mood
that i forced my family to go to La Madeleine's...ok they were all very willing...
Because It's AMAZING!!! It's like the closest thing to french food we have in Texas!!!

I got a Croque Monsieur Sandwich and it was amazing!! 
I texted Tom, because it's a sandwich with melted cheese on Top...
Tom and I have this thing about melted cheese...It kind of get's us strangely excited!!



It's sooooooo good!! I just can't even handle it...I cry daily because there
is not a La Madeleine in Arkansas..It's a shame really!!!!

le sigh..

-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment