Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year | Hello 2014


HAPPY NEW YEAR
How weird is it that it's 2014...and it's even weirder that it's January.

I just know it will take me at least half of the year to remember to 
write down 14 instead of 13...
it always does.

I hope you all had wonderful celebrations last night
ringing in the new year with family and friends.

I spent the evening with some good friends/family
there were even infants and toddlers present ;)
We partied pretty hard ;)

Now that it's January 1st i feel like 
I need to put to paper (or to blog) some of the
things i hope to accomplish this year.
Resolutions if you must...

res·o·lu·tion
ˌrezəˈlo͞oSHən/
noun
  1.                                              A firm decision to do or not to do something.


1. See Tom more
Like i said yesterday, this one will be easy
since i'm jet setting once again next Thursday 
to stay with him and his family till June.
OH and we are going to the Caribbean in August...
Soooo there's that ;)

No more skype nonsense either ;)


2. Lose weight/actually work out
This one's a doozy because most people want this one
but at the end of the year you've gained more than you've lost.
But this year feels different, i've got my workout buddy Tom for 5 months
and we've got a beach to set our sights on in August.
I know we can do this!!


3. Eat healthier
Ok, so my list is basically what everyone
aims for every year...
A better body and diet...
I'm really cliche, i know ;)

I'm going to try to stay away from these pretties...

4. Read more
I really do like reading as much as i complained about it in College.
There is a HUGE difference in reading when it's forced on you
and when you do it for fun.

I'm starting with the book Divergent.
I've heard lots of good things about the books
so i'm excited to get into them.

5. Find a Job
When i get back home, i'll be hitting up the job market.
I'm not entirely excited about this one
but i know it's a necessary one...

I don't think i'm taking on too much.
I like that the first half of my year will be spent in England.
I mean i can't complain about much when that's 
how my year is starting out ;)

I have a good feeling about this year.
2014 will be one for the record books!!

Hope you have a wonderful New Year.
-Emily

1 comment:

  1. Divergent is amazing, the second one is okay, and the third one will make you wish you never read any of them ��

    ReplyDelete