Monday, April 21, 2014

Tripception {Trips within trips within trips}

So a week from today Tom and I will be in ITALIA!!
ITTTAAALLLLLIIIAAAAAA!!!!

ahem..
We are so so excited for this trip.
Three days in Florence and the surrounding areas
and one day in Cinque Terre.

It's going to be absolutely brilliant, 
as the British would say!! ;)


It's weird to be mid trip here in Liverpool
but preparing for another trip [to Italy].

And if that's not crazy enough
we're planning for another trip 
to the Dominican [Caribbean] in August.


I actually bought my flight yesterday for my Dominican trip.
I've been trying to save about $650 so that I could book this flight
either at the end of my stay here in England or right when I got home.

Back story: Tom's family and a few friends of theirs will
be going to the Dominican and have had this trip planned since
last summer while Tom was in America.

We actually found out about the trip while eating at a Denny's
in the Mojave Desert in CA while on our CA trip!!

So almost a year later...I'm booking my flight.
Tom hasn't even booked his yet because we're going
to find the best way for him to go to the Dominican and then
come to Texas afterwards...for a while.

That's right Texas, Tom is coming back for ya ;)

Anyways...
$650 seemed like a lot to spend on a flight.
Which is why it's taken me so long to buy it.
Mostly because I didn't have the money.

So yesterday I randomly decided to look into flights again
and GUESS WHAT???!!!???

They were $339.
Whhaaaa???
That's a steal!!!

excited gif photo: Giselle Excited Giselleexcited.gif

An instant panic came over me because
that's what happens when flight prices plummet.

Your palms get sweaty and you know
that this is a stroke of luck and you need to ACT FAST!!!

So Tom had my debit card which meant
I had to text him to send me an image of my card
so that I could go through with the purchase.

[He holds onto that bad boy because i have no restraint when shopping]
We have a good little system set up ;)

So I book the flight for $339!!
Holllaaaa, like the realest Holla ever Holllaa'd

Three hours later...It's back up to $650.
My sweaty palms return because i know
i totally lucked out on that flight purchase.

Phheewww!!
It was an adrenaline rush!!

All that being said...Flight prices are so tricky.
It's not fair that there are better times to buy because
it's a total game of chance as to whether or not you're getting a good deal.

I don't like that system but i'm glad I caught it at a good moment.
Saved me about $400 dollars.

I purchased my ticket on a monday between 12:00-12:30pm UK time.
Which is 6:00-6:30am US time.

Maybe there is luck in that timing.
Try it out if you're booking flights soon.

:)

Hope you're all having a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment