Thursday, June 26, 2014

I built a website!!

In late April of this year I was contacted
by a friend of mine from way back.

This friend had an idea, a dream, a business proposition.
I listened to his story and within minutes I knew I wanted to be involved.

The proposition was to
to create an online retail website.

So I thought it was a great idea and it was something
that I could be involved in while over sea's...which is where I was when this began.

So for the past two months I have been building a website for
our online retail business.

When I say building a website I mean using a website
that already has sites built, you just have to fix them up real pretty.
There was zero coding in my job.
Thank goodness!!

But it did take some time to create a logo and get images
and products and product info and prices and options.
I mean there is a lot that you have to do on the back end of a site.

We've now got the site up and it's LIVE so I wanted
to share it with you guys :)

Oh yea, we sell Kids/Adults UV Swimwear.
We have the brands Snapper Rock, Tuga, Ecostinger and UV Skinz so far.

The site is called Sadie's Surf Shop and it's really cute.


Running a website is a pretty fun gig.
It's busy, there's always more products to add or products to edit
but overall it's been really great.

The experience alone has been amazing.
Opening a store, managing a website...These are things
I never thought i'd be doing right out of college but i'm really glad that they popped up.

Now let's all just think positive thoughts about the success of this business ;)

If you visit the site read the about us story to learn more
and maybe even buy something if you feel like it ;) No pressure!!

We are really proud to be partnered with the SnowDrop Foundation
which provides scholarships for college bound pediatric cancer patients and childhood cancer survivors while raising awareness and funding for continued research to cure childhood cancer.  

We hope you'll stop by and take a look around!!

:)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you did a great job! Congrats!

    Elena

    www.wordsbyelena.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete