Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Culture shock

When i went to Paris I felt like i was in another world.
It was my first time out of the country
and my first time in a non english speaking country.
The term 'culture shock' was an understatement.


It took me about a month to get used to the time difference...
And the language difference, and the public transport ;)

Let's just say that there is less of a culture shock in England.
It helps that English is the main language and they
eat pretty much the same stuff we eat in America.

Time difference is always a strange thing.
And when you drive everywhere all the time
public transportation takes a while to get used to.

But i'm pretty happy that it didn't take long to get used to being in the future.
And i'm basically a professional bus rider these days.

When we were in Paris you couldn't pay me to take the bus alone.
I just knew i'd end up in the sketchy part of town and then get kidnapped
and murdered all because I took the bus...

Luckily, Tom's house is situated right down the road from
the buses that will take you right to the city center...or centre...
I just hopped on that bad boy and it took me to all of the shopping
my little Texan heart can handle.


No really...
There is so much shopping.
And that's just in Liverpool.
I haven't even been shopping in 
Manchester or London yet.

I think i could easily become one of those people
who fly to Europe just to go shopping for a few days...

Let's just say the shops over here put American shops to shame.
Even Walmart's baby ASDA has some seriously cute clothes/shoes/accessories.

I'm thinking about making millions and moving my whole family over here...
I'll let you know how that goes ;)

____

What have I been up to?

I've basically been living in sweats, 
sitting on the couch in front of the fire,
and cuddling with Tom and sometimes his little niece Pearl.
and eating...yes, we can't forget that part...


I watch Pearl two days a week while her parents work.
It's been nice because it gives me something to do when Tom works.
Plus she is just the most adorable little baby i've ever seen
so it's not a hard job at all ;)


Tom and I haven't actually gone out and done anything adventurous yet.
He's working a lot right now, just about every day or every other day.
We have been planning a trip like my post said yesterday
and i think we've both decided on....


Neither of us have been to Florence and well
what's not to love about this absolutely breathtaking city.
It's warm and romantic and just beautiful.

I'm really excited, really really excited.

Also, there have been very few tomily pics
because i've been living in sweats for the past week.
Blame me...i'll fix this soon ;)

The good news is...I can live in sweats
and Tom still loves me ;)
hollaaa

Have a wonderful day!!
-Em

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for Italy! I've been to Tuscany but never Florence so I can't wait to hear how you liked it and see pictures. Obviously :D Do you already know when the trip will take place?
    PS: Don't feel bad about living in sweats. Finals are right around the corner for me and I basically live in my black leggings and a fleece sweater ;-)

    ReplyDelete